Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 1 - Like a Virgin..

I woke up so nervous about what the day would bring, but also super excited about the prospects of a successful detox. I kept telling myself, mind over body. You can do this.

Knowing that many people have said the first 3 days are often the most difficult, I knew I was in for a battle these next few days.

One day. One hour at a time.

At 7am, I had my herbal laxative tea steeped for 2 minutes. An hour later, I had my first drink and went straight to the gym for a boxing workout. It was a tougher-than-usual workout. I pushed through it and finished strong.

At 11am, I had my second drink. Felt fine. Not hungry.

12:45pm - Felt a tiny pang of hunger, so I quickly fixed drink #3.

2:10pm - Small headache. Stomach is growling. Overall, feel okay- not great. Had drink #4.

2:45pm - Okay. Not doing so well. Still have a headache and am now completely lethargic. Zero energy. Unable to focus/ concentrate at work.

3:00pm - Can't fight through it. Went to the floor and laid down. Passed out for an HOUR!

4:00pm - Woke up to phone ringing. Feel totally heady, like my head is in a space helmet. Hard to focus. Got up to have drink #5.

5:00pm - Feeling much better. That was a BRUTAL afternoon. Nothing I'd ever experienced before.

5:30pm - Drink #6. No hunger.

6:30pm - Cooked dinner for family. Slightly tempting, all the smells, but surprisingly, managed fine. No craving.

8:00pm - Drink #7. Felt fine. Noticed my tummy doesn't have it's usual bloat after dinner. This motivates me.

Overall, a pretty tough day. I'm hoping this is not what I will experience going forward because I need to be able to work. Had my laxative tea and went to sleep.

No comments: