Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 6 - Over the Hump

Today was slightly better than yesterday. I skipped the morning tea again. (Yesterday's events really left an impression on me!)

I woke up with a headache and the sniffles. This was the first morning I didn't feel so great. My nose was running, but it wasn't like a cold.. it felt more like allergies. My mucous was clear but I had to blow my nose constantly- it kept running. Desperately wanting to take a Tylenol for my headache, I fought the urge off and thought going out to get some fresh air might help. By the way, I lost another 2 pounds.

Typically on Sundays, my husband and I take the kids out to the courts and we all hit balls for a couple hours. So, this was the plan. I made sure I had plenty to drink before heading out and we were off.

Yikes.

First of all, it's been incredibly hot out the past several days. Normally, I love this. But not when I'm cranky, starving, and weak. Not a good combo- no. So, we're out there in crazy heat. I hit for about 15 minutes and am feeling winded, weak, and sick to my stomach. I stop to catch my breath while the kids hit with 'A'. I felt like I had a pit in my stomach. It was kind of painful and after another 15 minutes, I decided to try one more time- kmowing it wasn't going to be any better.

This time we hit for about 5 minutes before I had to call it quits. I had NO ENERGY. I sat in the shade and waited for the kids to finish up before we headed home and I drank another drink.

By this time, luckily, my headache had gone away, but I still felt pretty tired. I wanted to just fight through it so after rejuvenating (if you can call it that), I went out on an errand to pick up some list items from Costco.

I felt okay, not great. Still weak, but not unmanageable. After returning home, I had 2 more drinks and decided to give in and take a nap.

An hour later...

Woke up feeling better. Drank 2 more drinks and fixed dinner for the family.

I think the past 2 days have been particularly hard also, because it's been the weekend and I've had to watch my family eat 3 meals a day instead of mostly just 1. We've been stopping to get ice cream and snacks.. Shopping at Costco was torturous with all the samplers giving away tastes. Tonight I made salmon with brown rice and vegetables for the family and the delicious smell that has enveloped the house is almost unbearable. I want to eat my hand.

I'm still not feeling "hungry" per se, but I just want to have something in my mouth for crying out loud! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Several times today, I thought about quitting. It was really really hard thinking about 4 more days of this liquid diet. I know it's cleaning me out and boosting my health, but I want to eat!!!!!!

Okay, a moment of weakness. Tomorrow I am back to work and hopefully, the last 4 days will fly by.

No comments: