Monday, June 30, 2008

Days 11-13 - So long, Farewell, Au revoir, Auf Weidersehen

After reading about potentially horrific experiences coming off the cleanse (sickness, diarrhea, pain, etc.), I anticipated some sort of "adjustment" period to get my digestive system back in gear again. This is what you are supposed to do:
Day 11: Drink fresh-squeezed orange juice only all day.

Day 12: Drink OJ in the am. Have vegetable soup (broth only!) in the afternoon.

Day 13: More OJ. More vegetable broth (vegetable allowed).

Day 14 and beyond: Eat normally with a bias toward healthy, vegetarian, raw.

Here's what I did:
Day 11: Drank fresh OJ all day until evening. Made a stellar vegetable soup and had broth in evening.

Day 12: Drank OJ in the am and interspersed throughout the day. Had a salad in the afternoon along with some fruit. Dinner was vegetable soup with vegetables.

Day 13: Ate normally.

I had no problems at all. No tummy issues. And here's the best part....

I FEEL FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My skin is absolutely glowing. I have gained back 3 pounds- but if that's the price I have to pay for this incredible amount of energy I feel, then so be it. My energy level is through the roof.

Most people I read about reported higher energy during the cleanse and this was simply not the case for me. I always felt pretty status quo and on the verge of fainting if I wasn't careful about getting up slowly (but I have low blood pressure and HR in general already).

Now that I am back to eating, I feel like a gazillion bucks. It's amazing.

This morning at the gym- I hadn't missed a beat. I felt stronger and leaner. What a great feeling.

If you're thinking about trying this cleanse, I say commit yourself and go for it!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thank you Tina for an informative, honest, and organized review of cleanse. First real good one I've seen. I'm thru day 2 & it was a tough day...terrible headache all day and ended day feeling nauseous. So...needed some inspiration...thank you!